Evening! August has come and is almost behind us. Kristy and I have had a super productive and busy month in August – both with Book Nerd Reviews as well as offline. I just found out this week that the promotion I applied for is happening, and so I’ll be very shortly starting a new role at work which is both extremely exciting to be doing something new, but also a little nerve wracking!
In case you missed it, here is our August recap.
This month we reviewed the following books:
When The World Was Flat (And We Were In Love) – Ingrid Jonach
Fire With Fire (Burn For Burn #2) – Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) – Sarah J. Maas
Hate Is Such A Strong Word – Sarah Ayoub
The Sound – Sarah Alderson
Batman: The Killing Joke – Alan Moore
All Our Yesterdays – Cristin Terrill
Indelible (The Twixt #1) – Dawn Metcalf
Ink (Paper Gods #1) – Amanda Sun
Banish – Nicola Marsh
We still have three current giveaways happening.
International August YA New Release Giveaway (Ends August 31st)
When The World Was Flat (And We Were In Love) – Ingrid Jonach (Australian only giveaway ending September 15th)
When The World Was Flat (And We Were In Love) – Ingrid Jonach (International giveaway ending October 21st)
Kristy and I had some great discussions in August with our Feral Friday posts:
Posts we really enjoyed from our blogging friends
There were some really great posts and discussions online this month. Here’s just some of what we enjoyed in August:
- Asti from A Bookish Heart wrote a fantastic post on how she organises her blog with One Note. I have since started using the app on my ipad and iphone. Thanks Asti!
- Kezia from Chapteriosity posted about YA cover trends. She nailed it on the head!
- The Huffington Post told us why we’d be screwed if YA books were real – quite funny if you have a moment to check it out!
- Kimberley from On The Wings Of Books asked why bloggers can’t be nicer to each other.
- Stormy from Book.Blog.Bake told us that negative book reviews does not equate to cyber bullying. Amen! :)
- Debby at Snuggly Oranges shared that she gets ARC envy (don’t we all?).
- Megan from Book Brats posted a very candid and open post about feeling jealous of other bloggers at times.
- Katie from Katie’s Book Blog posted her thoughts about jealousy after reading Megan’s post (above).